adplus-dvertising
Monday, September 26, 2022

The new CEO of Volkswagen confirms that the Porsche-Red Bull talks are not over.

Oliver Blume has confirmed that Porsche and Red Bull are still negotiating a works Formula One collaboration beginning in 2026.

Blume, who was previously the CEO of VW-owned Porsche, told the German newspaper Braunschweiger Zeitung that “no final decision has been made” about the F1 venture.

“Basically, we welcome the new regulations which allow significantly more electrification of the engines and the use of synthetic fuels,” he said.

“Porsche is in talks, but we haven’t made a final decision yet,” Blume insisted.

Red Bull is believed to be reconsidering the Porsche deal on the grounds that current technical partner Honda may re-enter F1 under the new rules.

Red Bull and ‘Honda Racing Corporation’ (HRC) recently extended their current agreement through the end of 2025, with HRC president Yasuharu Watanabe attending the Belgian Grand Prix last weekend.

“I didn’t come for a special purpose,”

However, full ‘Honda’ branding returned to Red Bull’s garage team gear recently, and Watanabe added: “We are discussing with Red Bull on a daily basis how to proceed in the future”.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest Articles